Government Resources and Industry Links
Accuform Signs makes it fast and easy to contact Government Resources and Industry Links.
- ANSI is a private non-profit organization that promotes the use of U.S. standards internationally, advocates U.S. Policy and technical positions in international and regional standards organizations and encourages the adoption of international standards as national standards when they meet the needs of the community.
- ASSE is the oldest and largest professional safety organization. Its more than 30,000 members manage, supervise and consult on safety, health, and environmental issues in industry, insurance, government and education.
- The Code of Federal Regulations is a compilation of final regulations issued by federal agencies. It is divided into titles (by subject), chapters, parts and sections. The entire CFR is revised and published annually, twelve titles at a time, on a quarterly basis.
- The new department's first priority is to protect the nation against further terrorist attacks. Component agencies will analyze threats and intelligence, guard our borders and airports, protect our critical infrastructure, and coordinate the response of our nation for future emergencies. Besides providing a better-coordinated defense of the homeland, DHS is also dedicated to protecting the rights of American citizens and enhancing public services, such as natural disaster assistance and citizenship services, by dedicating offices to these important missions.
- The EPA is an agency that serves to protect public health and safeguard and improve the natural environment - air, water and land - upon which human life depends. EPA's purpose is to ensure that federal environmental laws are implemented and enforced, that environmental protection is an integral part of U.S. policies and that all parts of society have access to environmental information.
- ISO is the world's largest developer of standards. ISO is a non-governmental organization that promotes the development of standardization in the world resulting in international agreements that are published as International Standards.
- NFPA is an international non-profit organization that advocates scientifically based consensus codes, standards and education for fire and related safety issues. This association produces the National Fire Codes, 275 codes and standards covering all areas of fire safety, which are used in nearly every country in the world.
- NIOSH is part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and is responsible for conducting research and making recommendations for the prevention of work-related illness and injuries.
- OSHA is an organization committed to saving lives, preventing injuries and protecting the health of American workers. OSHA establishes protective standards, enforces those standards and reaches out to employers and employees through technical assistance and consultation programs.
- The U.S.D.O.T. works with thousands of businesses and institutions, including state and local governments across the United States to ensure that transportation systems are safe and efficient.
- As part of its efforts to share the benefits of cooperative programs, the VPPPA works closely with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), OSHA state-plan-states, the Department of Energy (DOE) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in the development and implementation of cooperative programs within the agencies. The Association provides expertise to these groups in the form of comments and stakeholder feedback on agency rulemakings and policies. The VPPPA also offers comments and testimony to members of Congress regarding legislation on safety and health issues.