National Regulations and Industry Standards
Industry standards include background material and useful links to information on government regulations.
Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
Below are a few links that provide information on the rulemaking process used to develop workplace health and safety standards.
Top 10 Most Accessed General Industry Standards
- Bloodborne Pathogens – 1910.1030
- Hazard Communication – 1910.1200
- Respiratory Protection – 1910.134
- Occupational Noise Exposure – 1910.95
- Powered Industrial Trucks – 1910.178
- Permit-required Confined Spaces – 1910.146
- Lockout/Tagout – 1910.147
- Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response – 1910.120
- Guarding Floor and Wall Openings and Holes – 1910.23
- Personal Protective Equipment – 1910.132
Select Part 1910 Occupational Safety and Health Administration Standards (OSHA)
- OSHA 1910.37, Exit Routes and Emergency Action Plans
- OSHA 1910.39, Fire Prevention Plans
- OSHA 1910.119, Process Safety Management of Highly Hazardous Chemicals
- OSHA 1910.144, Safety Color Code for Marking Physical Hazards
- OSHA 1910.145, Specifications for Accident Prevention Signs and Tags
- OSHA 1910.146, Permit-Required Confined Spaces
- OSHA 1910.147, Control of Hazardous Energy (Lock-Out/Tag-Out)
- OSHA 1910.269, Electric Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution
- OSHA 1910.1001, Asbestos
- OSHA 1910.1017, Vinyl Chloride
- OSHA 1910.1018, Inorganic Arsenic
- OSHA 1910.1025, Requirements for dipping and coating operations that use flammable or combustible liquids
- OSHA 1910.1030, Bloodborne Pathogens
- OSHA 1910.1200, Hazard Communication
For complete information visit the OSHA website.
American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
ANSI provides active standards documents from accredited standards committees.
To enhance both the global competitiveness of U.S. business and the U.S. quality of life by promoting and facilitating voluntary consensus standards and conformity assessment systems, and safeguarding their integrity.
Available ANSI standards apply to the following topics:
- Electrical and electronic
- Information Systems
- Photography and motion pictures
Select American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Standards
- ANSI Z535.1, ANSI Standards American National Standards Institute - Safety Color Code
- ANSI Z535.2 and ANSI Z535.4, Product Safety Signs and Labels
- ANSI Z117.1, Safety Requirements for Confined Spaces
- ANSI Z244.1, For Personnel Protection- Lockout/Tagout of Energy Sources- Minimum Safety Requirements
- ANSI A13.1, Scheme for the Identification of Piping Systems
To view standards information it must be purchased from ANSI. For additional information visit the ANSI website.