Where Are Dispensary Signs Going Up?
Some say adult-use of cannabis legalization is sweeping across the nation and globe…well, is it?
With new laws legalizing the sale of medical marijuana in some states, more dispensary stores are opening up. But what states are you likely to see more dispensary signs?
If you've watched the news lately, you've probably heard talk about dispensaries opening up in places like Sun Valley and Reno, Nevada.
29 states across the US have legalized the use of medical marijuana. Today, patients suffering from AIDS, the effects of chemotherapy, epilepsy, Alzheimer’s disease, and bipolar disorder can legally consume medical marijuana as an alternative medicine in these states.
To view an entire map of the states that have marijuana legalization status, view the State Marijuana Laws in 2017 Map.
Are all dispensaries for medical purposes?
Recreational marijuana shops have been open for business in Colorado and Washington since 2014. Currently, several states have legalized the sale of recreational marijuana. Although each state has their own restrictions, if you’re 21 years or older and live in Alaska, California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, and Washington, DC, you can buy recreational marijuana.
Here are five ways to keep your customers safe and make sure they’re visiting the right dispensary:
1) Can people find your business? If you’re a pharmacy dispensary or a medical pharmacy dispensary, inform others with a sign that has a pharmacy symbol. Symbols are easy to read and notice from a distance and are universally recognizable across cultures.
2) Limit access to 21 years and up! Don’t allow minors to enter onto your property or into your business. Restrict access to minors with a clear and concise message that informs them that no persons under 21 years of age are allowed on your premises.
3) Are licenses needed to purchase? Is your dispensary located in one of the 29 states that legalized the sale of medical marijuana? If so, ensure your customers have the nearest parking space with a Notice Licensed Medical Marijuana Patients Only sign.
4) Proper dispensary signage – Do you carry medical or recreational marijuana? There’s a difference between the two – this you know - but is this information visible to your customers? If not, shop dispensary signs here!
5) Complies with state and local RX? Label the contents you sell so others know they can trust your business, know that cannabis is for medical use only, and know vital information relating to medical marijuana. Labeling keeps everyone safe and informed.
Lockout tagout is a safety procedure that ensures machines and equipment are properly shut off during maintenance or repair work.